Due to the coronavirus pandemic our lodgement process has changed.
IML is no longer accepting applications by courier. Applications may still be posted to GPO Box 2229, Brisbane Qld 4000, Australia
Applications can now be made by email.
The application form and supporting documents may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Each email must be limited to 20MB however multiple emails may be sent. Documents must be a clear colour scan taken from the original document and do not need to be certified by a justice of the peace or notary public.
Please do not complete the credit card authorisation form. Once we receive the application we will contact you by email to arrange payment from a credit card.
This process may also be used for Review, Appeal, Extension and Temporary Graduate Qualification Assessments.
The Institute of Managers and Leaders is the approved professional assessing authority for persons seeking to apply for Skilled Migration as Senior Managers, within the Australian and New Zealand Classification of Occupations (ANZSCO) codes listed below. For migration to Australia, there are established criteria for the level of qualifications, training, and work experience required for a senior-level manager.
For General Skilled Migration skills assessment – Employer Nomination, and State or Territory Nomination:
- Chief Executive or Managing Director 
- Corporate General Manager 
- Sales and Marketing Manager 
- Advertising Manager 
- Public Relations Manager 
- Human Resource Manager 
- Engineering Manager 
- Supply and Distribution Manager 
- Procurement Manager 
If you are not a senior level manager, please see the Australian Government’s List of eligible skilled occupations for a comprehensive guide to ANZSCO position codes and other assessing authorities.
In addition to providing assessment of senior management skills for the purpose of migration to Australia, the Institute assesses qualifications for the Temporary Graduate visa (subclass 485).
Steps for submitting an application
- Read the Criteria for a Manager for the Purpose of Migration for the above positions. If you believe you meet these criteria, please proceed to the next step.
- Complete an Application for Management Skills Assessment [PDF; 383Kb] ensuring you provide all of the required personal details and supporting documentation. Take time to fully complete the form, as incomplete applications cannot be processed. A non-refundable application fee of AUD$550 (ex GST) is required upon submission.
- Submit your application by following the instructions included in the document.
If you have any questions:
- Refer to the Frequently Asked Questions for more information.
- If your query is still not addressed, you can email email@example.com or call +61 7 3153 0308.